Out of the many drugs that have been outlawed in the past century, cannabis may be the most controversial of them all. For millennia, different cultures raised their own marijuana for medicine, textiles, and even food products. Some experts have opined that cannabis was one of the earliest crops grown by evolving human beings. It has always been a common crop around the world. Garden notes kept by many of our founding fathers prove that it was a prized crop in Colonial America.
Since it has such a venerable track record for helping people, how did cannabis get such a bad reputation in the modern world? Generations relied on it for health tonics and a stout fiber for making cloth. Even then, marijuana enthusiasts knew which parts of the plant were hallucinogenic; however, they would not discover THC for many years later. Our scientific studies are showing positive correlations about medical mmj benefits that our ancestors already knew. This is one of the reasons that “bud in the mail” is gaining popularity in licensed cannabis states and countries.
In a rebound from the failed Prohibition Act, American lawmakers became suspicious of a crop favored by Mexican immigrants. These immigrants called the plant marijuana—which was nothing more than the cannabis found in American gardens for years. As an act of misunderstanding and bigotry, our Congress made marijuana illegal in the 1930s. They included the beneficial plant in their landmark Controlled Substance Act forty years later.
Ever since it was given a bad name by most governments around the globe, marijuana use has stayed controversial. Devotees continue to use it, despite the legal repercussions. In the past couple of decades, enough public protest has kept the scientific community busy discovering the rich benefits of the different components of marijuana. It is perpetually in the news. There have been too many positive medical properties revealed for it to be ignored, say proponents of medical marijuana.
Several states in America have brought the legalization of marijuana to a vote. Medical marijuana advocates say that legalizing marijuana provides access for people who suffer from painful conditions. While it may be an uphill battle to open marijuana for recreational use, there are states that have legalized marijuana for limited medical uses. Some may be covered by medical health insurance. Cannabis flowers and buds have many components that can be used to treat several major diseases.
Here are some of the health benefits of cannabis that show positive benefits:
- Patients with certain types of cancer have found that CBD oil, a derivative of marijuana, can minimize their cancer’s spreading. Some of the studies from other countries have concluded that a few of the major chemicals found in cannabis can reduce the size of tumors and may stop others from appearing. A highlighted benefit of medical marijuana is how it thwarts the weakness and nausea brought on by chemotherapy.
- Glaucoma is a disease in the eyes that increases ocular fluids and causes pressure on them. If it is not treated effectively, glaucoma can quickly cause blindness. Elderly people are especially prone to this debilitating disease. Several studies have shown positive correlations between using medical marijuana and a decrease in glaucoma pressure. Many of these patients have better results with the marijuana effects than they did with common glaucoma prescriptions.
- Epileptic patients are plagued with often violent seizures that can affect them at any given moment. While traditional drugs and treatments do an efficient job of reducing seizure activity, most patients dislike the multiple side effects associated with them. Leading epilepsy researchers have successfully explored the possibility of using mmj derivatives as an alternative treatment. Updates are constantly being made as far as the marijuana bud flowers and their effectiveness.
- Alzheimer’s disease has been labeled as “the long goodbye”. It afflicts its victims with gradual loss of memory and total functions for living. Medical experts explain that the disease is caused by a plaque that gets into the creases of the brain; thus, destroying brain cells. While there is no medicines or treatment to stop the plaque, there are some drugs prescribed that may temporarily slow the progression of the disease. Mmj studies have not shown it to be a cure for Alzheimer’s; however, it may slow the progression a little longer than traditional drugs.
- Patients who have multiple sclerosis complain of unbearable nerve ending pain throughout their bodies. Not all patients benefit much from the drugs and treatment that are available for MS. Mmj studies conducted by leading multiple sclerosis experts have seen promises for the plant and bud by reducing muscle spasms and pain associated with the disease.
- One of the reasons that arthritis patients dread taking their medications is the many side effects they cause, such as upper GI bleeds and other severe digestion issues. Doctors who have prescribed medical marijuana for their arthritis patients report that much of their pain is relieved—without the stomach upsets. Some cannabis studies show possible benefits for bones and joints of medication patients.
- Parkinson’s disease is a neurological disorder that has symptoms of uncontrollable tremors and an increase possibility of dementia. The ironic thing about one of the major Parkinson’s treatment prescription is that it can cause dyskinesia, another movement disorder. Not only have some Parkinson’s patients experienced a decrease in their regular tremors when taking medical marijuana, but they do not show any signs of dyskinesia. We can prove useful for Parkinson’s.
- Soldiers returning from battle and people who have experienced severe trauma constantly relive the horrors when they develop Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. It can be a completely disabling disorder that can be difficult to treat by mental health professionals. The stress, depression, and emotional turmoil often require multiple medications and intense therapy. Medical patients who participated in medical marijuana studies often saw some of their unnerving symptoms reduced—without side effects of traditional psychiatric medications.
Organic cannabis flowers and buds can be processed into therapeutic doses for marijuana health benefits. Cannabis ordering services and bud mail located in Texas have gained popularity in areas with licensing agreements. Some of this mmj Texas and buds originally come from hearty species native to British Columbia.
Special lighting and feeding encourages growth of healthy plants for medical mmj Rockhill Texas. Operations in health US work with the market and development of the Rockhill Texas mmj company. Some helpful tonics are made by combing bud plants and stems. A licensed customer can soon find relief with a product made of medical cannabis flowers. Orders are shipped with top priority to places around all 50 states.